Edit LM 4/26/22 Not Apprvd
Learn when you are eligible and when to enroll in the plans you want to participate in.
Before enrolling in your new Employee Benefits or changing your current benefits, please review the different options and latest changes to the benefits and plan premiums. Then decide which benefits will be most appropriate for you and your family.
AlaskaCare Members may add, change or delete dependents covered under your health plan at any time by logging into their myAlaska account . Be sure to add eligible dependents when you are first hired and then review the dependents anytime you make future changes to your benefits; adding any necessary updates as your dependents change.
All members of Union Health Trusts, except Labor Trades and Crafts, are eligible to enroll in Voluntary Supplemental Benefits provided by the state. Visit the appropriate trust Web site to update your dependents and for more details on enrollment.
Enrollments must be made online. If you experience technical difficulties while trying to enroll contact the Member Services Contact Center at:
Juneau: (907) 465-4460
Outside Juneau: (800) 821-2251
Monday - Thursday: 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Friday: 8:30 a.m. to 3 p.m. (Alaska Time)
A Qualified Status Change is a change in your family or employment status which allows you to make changes to your coverages.
If you have a "qualified status change" during the year, you can make changes to your coverages (subject to limitations). Changes must be made within 30 days of the event. Examples of qualified status changes include the following:
- You gain or lose a dependent, through birth or adoption, marriage, divorce, or death.
- Your dependent is no longer eligible.
- Your spouse terminates employment, begins an extended period of leave or layoff without pay, or begins new employment.
- Your spouse or you change employment status from full-time to part-time or from part-time to full-time.
- Your spouse has a significant change in his or her health coverage caused by their employment.
You may also change benefits if you move from an AlaskaCare participating group to a non-participating group.
Annual Benefits Enrollment, formerly known as Open Enrollment, is the annual time of year when all employees, no matter what bargaining unit they belong to, can make changes to their current benefits. Typically Open Enrollment occurs during the first three weeks of November. Unless you are a new hire or have had a Qualified Status Change, then this is the only time during the year where you may make changes to your current benefit. Some benefit plans are determined by an employee's bargaining unit and cannot be changed during this enrollment period, but during the Annual Benefits Enrollment there are options available for all employees. All new enrollments and benefit changes must be made online by logging into your myAlaska account.
Ready to Enroll? Follow these instructions for how to enroll online:
- Log in to your myAlaska account:
- Go to myRnB.alaska.gov . This is the myRnB portal.
- On the right side of the page, choose Login using myAlaska. You will be directed to the myAlaska login page, where you will login using your myAlaska ID and password. This is the same ID and password you use to register for your PFD. After you login to myAlaska, you will be redirected back to myRnB.
- On the myRnB page, under Self-Service Tools, choose Online Benefits Enrollment, or if during an Open Enrollment period click on Open Enrollment.
- Select the appropriate Change Reason option to indicate the reason for your enrollment, enter the date for this change reason in the correct format and click on Change Elections.
- If you are a new hire, the system will request information about your employment type, monthly base wage, and hire date. This information should be provided to you by your hiring manager or human resource office on the Enrollment Personal Information Sheet.
- The system will:
- display your current benefits if you are enrolled and changing what you currently have,
- or display no current benefits if you are a new hire.
- Once you have selected your new benefits, it will automatically calculate the premiums when you click Preview.
- Once satisfied with your elections then confirm by clicking Submit.
- A page confirming receipt of your enrollment will be displayed; print a copy for your records as no additional confirmation will be provided.